Tuesday, February 20, 2024

My medical colleagues in Gaza are exhausted, and terrified of what is to come

 from Mondoweiss

When I left Gaza two weeks ago, my colleagues at the European Hospital in Khan Younis were already overwhelmed and burned out. Now, they are terrified that what took place at nearby Nasser Hospital, which Israeli troops invaded last Thursday, leading to the deaths of at least four patients, will happen there.

I shudder at the thought of what that would mean for the patients and medical staff I grew close to during my two weeks working there. I shudder more at the prospect of a looming “massive” invasion of the city of Rafah, where 1.5 million people fled to for safety from Israel’s devastating military assault, knowing the carnage this would cause to the people crowded into Rafah with nowhere to flee. UN officials and humanitarian groups have issued dire warnings that an Israeli invasion of Rafah would result in a “bloodbath.” Indeed, over 100 people were killed in Rafah on February 11 alone as Israel ramped up its bombardment. I was able to reach some of my colleagues and patients from my time in Gaza who have sought refuge in Rafah. They are terrified of what is to come, but until now, they are still alive...

read more here

3 comments:

  1. FEB 21
    https://mondoweiss.net/2024/02/how-haaretz-has-aided-israels-genocide-in-gaza/

    ReplyDelete
  2. FEB 20
    GBNews
    We thought he was a serious person!’ - Prince William’s comments on Gaza ‘a departure’
    Royal Biographer Tom Bower slams Prince William for ‘getting involved’ in the situation in the Middle East.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V13I6qi2GqA

    ReplyDelete
  3. https://expose-news.com/2024/02/21/moderna-had-covid-vaccine-before-pandemc/?cmid=e0e41bd1-e57b-4e87-a26e-baf5c6949d65

    ReplyDelete