Wednesday, July 3, 2024

Ben-Gvir confirms atrocities faced by Palestinians in Israeli prisons

from Uprooted Palestinian Blog

Israeli Police Minister Itamar Ben-Gvir confirms the reports saying Palestinians are suffering atrocious circumstances in Israeli prisons and pushes for even harsher treatment.

Israeli Police Minister Itamar Ben-Gvir confirmed Tuesday’s reports of the atrocious conditions being faced by Palestinian prisoners and defended the legitimacy of such measures. He emphasized that these steps were part of his campaign promises and aimed at minimizing the rights of Palestinians detained over alleged “terrorism” charges to the bare minimum allowed by law.

“Since assuming my role as [Police] Minister, one of my top priorities has been to worsen the conditions for terrorists in prisons and reduce their rights to the minimum required by law,” Ben-Gvir said. “This was a commitment I made to my voters and the people of Israel during the elections when I announced my intention to take on this role.”...

read more here

No comments:

Post a Comment