Thursday, August 29, 2024

Richard Medhurst fears UK using his arrest to silence dissent

(I remind you of one of yesterday's video where I said the reason the FBI chose Uhuru Movement for investigation and arrest is because it is very unlikely the alt-right or left will take up their cause and stand with them allowing the Feds to set a precedent that is it normal to be arrested and tried for having opinions that differ from the establishment approved consensus. What is happening with Medhurst sets the same precedent in the UK.)

from al Mayadeen English

A British journalist recently arrested in the UK says he was targeted for his reporting on "Israel’s" war on Gaza, cautioning that this could be an attempt to pave the way for silencing all critical voices.

Richard Medhurst was detained at London’s Heathrow Airport on August 15, facing charges under Section 12 of the UK’s Terrorism Act of 2000. He was held at a police station for over 24 hours, where officers accused him of "allegedly expressing an opinion or belief that is supportive of a prescribed organization."

Describing his ordeal, Medhurst detailed that he was removed from the plane by six officers, with five of them in plain clothes and one in tactical gear. "They called me by name and told me to come to the front of the plane … Then they marched me off," he told Anadolu in a video interview.

"They took me to a room on the side, and then they told me that I was being arrested under Section 12 of the Terrorism Act of 2000 … I said I wanted to contact my family, but they told me I was not allowed to. They made it very clear I’m not allowed to speak to anyone."...

He warned that his arrest sets a troubling precedent that could be used to target others.

"They’re trying to make an example out of me. They’re trying to make this acceptable and then use this against other people," he asserted.

"I’m afraid that it won’t stop here. I feel that they will continue doing this and, as we see this genocide in Gaza continuing, we’re also losing our rights in the West at the same time."

read more here

1 comment:


  1. 10:13
    Now playing
    SECOND British journalist arrested for ‘crime’ of criticising Israel!
    KernowDamo
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUh1t9PwjUg
    5K views 1 hour ago AUG29

    ReplyDelete