Thursday, August 1, 2024

Preparing for Surgery. Just letting you know

by Scott Creighton

I've been in the process of preparing for surgery this week. Yesterday was hectic as will today.

Trying to get yards ready and looking good for me and the two neighbors whom I help with theirs. Getting another neighbor trained to walk Beau is also time consuming. 

I really should think about obedience school after all this. 'He is a willful boy', he is.

Lot's to do even now. I'll get it done and be ready when I get the call and off I go to the land of new knees.

As I have told a few others, I feel a sense of hopefulness which has eluded me for many years. 

Hopefulness regarding getting out and being able to exercise and play tennis and maybe even, if all goes well, find some work I can do with my other issues and get off disability once and for all.

Start living again. What a thing to believe.

Hope. A funny word. Full of promise and pitfalls. Try not to hope for anything. Just setting yourself up for disappointment. Right?

Well, eventually you come to realize this whole thing is pretty worthless without a little hope from time to time. 

So, I'm giving in to it. Leaning in. Naive? We'll see.

I dream of tennis. Silly right? I should dream of a job or attending marches again but instead, I dream of tennis.

My vanity knows no bounds.

Anyway, lots to do. So little time. 

Will be back as soon as I can. 

Cross your fingers. Say a prayer. Sacrifice an infant. Whatever it is you believe in. On second thought, not the infant thing. Well wishes are appreciated. 

See you soon.

5 comments:

  1. May Odom’s blessings be upon you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending love and prayers, Scott. Thanks for everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. TOMORROW AUG2 IS 60TH OF 1ST FF TONKIN GULF 1964 JOHNSON!
    (2nd one, because first one didn't stick, was AUG4.
    Then Tonkin Resolution passed both houses same day AUG7/1964)

    Obviously planning on another one.

    these 12 ships are likely the total flotilla count, with those 2 carrriers ike and TeddyR. Plus 2 nuke subs accompanying.

    Col Doug Macgregor: US Deploys 12 Warships in Middle East
    Daniel Davis / Deep Dive
    3.8K views 2 hours ago
    AUG1
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1mFM8QSGIM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Almost looks like a time-lined scripted PLAN everyone is sticking to!
      https://mondoweiss.net/2024/08/after-300-days-of-operation-al-aqsa-flood-nasrallah-declares-new-phase-of-war-vows-inevitable-response-to-israeli-attack-on-beirut/

      Delete
  4. Wishing you well, Scott. Hope you get better and better for Wimbledon. Long time reader (formerly known as JoeB)

    ReplyDelete